The Dos & Don’ts while Working for Internet Startups — India’s perspective!
- Make sure that it has a web-ranking of at least top 200 sites in India as per Alexa!
- Reach out to the HR and asked whether it is providing basic benefits or not such as Provident Fund or Health insurance for employees in the form of cashless benefit.
- Don’t forget to ask about the leave policy from the HR. You are entitled of two leave per month, namely casual leave and sick leave.
- Check whether a startup has been registered with the Registrar of Companies or not!
- Read about the founder and check how many ventures has he failed but if he keeps trying despite many failures in the past, let me assure you that you are with the right person who can take you along.
- Never work for an app business unless it is Zomato, Swiggy or Ola. It is too risky especially if you have your education loan to pay or live under a rented accommodation.
- The number of installs doesn’t guarantee the success of an app!
- Never read employees’ review on glassdoors or other sources because you would find the organization to be employee-friendly especially startups but at the expense of your own life.